Checking for messes, and cleaning up is part of our job. Our sitters know this, and always do a quick check for any accidents, throughout the residence.
If necessary, we clean up any mess and tidy up with any cleaners that have been left by our clients.
Our sitters do their best to clean up any mess that has occurred, but can’t be held responsible, for any stain that results in the accident made by a pet, in the residence.
Any and all messes, observed by the sitter shall by marked, in our visit report email.
Derby City Critter Sitters asks for our clients to have these few items out, so we may properly clean any and all accidents/messes that may occur.
List of Cleaners & Supplies to leave for our sitters:
- Towel(s) (that can be used to clean up spills/wet pets/etc…)
- Vacuum and/or Broom and Dust Pan
- Any Products that may be used to wash or wipe off pets, incase of an accident
Critter Clean-up Terms, as it is stated in our Contract:
- Pet Owner is responsible for supplying the necessary, safe equipment/supplies needed for care of their pet(s), including but not limited to a sturdy, well-fit harness (halter, collar, etc…) for walks or in case of emergencies, firmly affixed vaccination tags, a lead rope or leash, pooper-scoopers, litter boxes, food, cleaning supplies, medications, pet food, and cat litter. Pet Owner authorizes any purchases necessary for the satisfactory performance of duties. Pet Owner agrees to be responsible, for the payment of such items, as well as service fees for obtaining items, and will reimburse DerbyCityCritterSitters within 14 days for all purchases made.
Our minimum visits, are applicable to the standard critter care we provide, during vacation services.
Each critter has a different regimen, and requires a varying amount of care. With that in mind, Derby City Critter Sitters has created a standard “minimum” amount of visits, required for us, to properly tend to our client’s critters, while they are away on vacation.
On each Critter Care page, you may find the standard “minimum visits” at the bottom of each page. But for quick reference, they are as follows:
AMPHIBIAN & ARACHNID CARE: Once Every Other Day
BIRDS: Once Every Other Day
CATS: Once Every Other Day
DOGS: 3 Visits Daily (Scheduled Overnights are considered as 2 visits)
Puppy Care: 3 Visits Daily
Senior BIRDS: Once Daily
Senior CATS: Once Daily
Senior DOGS: 3 Visits Daily
Fish: Once Every Other Day
Ferrets: Once Daily
Reptiles: Once Daily (Some Require Twice Daily, Others Require Less)
Rodents & Tiny Critters: Every Other Day
Every pet has a normal range of behaviors, but if there is ever a change or a particular action going on with your pet, our sitters will be sure to leave a note on our Critter Care Notes or their online profile.
Notes may also be texted/emailed with the daily pictures, our sitters provide, of your fur baby!
Derby City Critter Sitters encourages all of our clients to communicate with our sitters or Vivian directly, regarding any changes in their pet(s)’s behavior/health/actions/etc. Knowledge of normal behavior also helps our sitters, to establish any behavior that is out of the norm, so that we may keep our pet parents informed!
Pet Behavior & Health Terms, as it is stated in our Contract:
- DerbyCityCritterSitters is authorized to seek any emergency veterinarian assistance needed during visits, at the cost of the client, from any veterinarian as chosen by the sitter. However, the company is not responsible for the health/well being of the animal.
- Pet Owner will be responsible for all medical expenses and damages resulting from an injury to a Pet Sitter, or other persons, by the Pet. Customer agrees to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend DerbyCityCritterSitters, in the event of a claim by any person injured by the Pet.
- Pet Owner is responsible for pet-proofing house and yard, and the security fences/gates/latches. DerbyCityCritterSitters will not be responsible for the safety, of any pets and will also not be liable for the death, injury, disappearance, or legal consequences of any pet with unsupervised access to the outdoors.
- DerbyCityCritterSitters may use their discretion to stop and end service at any time that a pet poses a danger to the safety or health of itself, other pets, other people, or the Pet Sitter. If concerns prevent the Pet Sitter from continuing for a pet, the Owner authorizes the pet to be placed in a kennel, or previously arranged locale if possible. All subsequent charges, including but not limited to transportation, kenneling, tranquilizing, treating, accessing, and liability, are to be the responsibility of the Owner.
NO SPECIAL FEE OR UPCHARGE!
IT’S ALL INCLUDED, WITH OUR SITTER SERVICES!
Our sitters are Animal CPR & Pet First Aid Certified, Insured, and Devoted to providing any and all your pet critters, with the care they need & deserve!
Just because your critter has special needs or specific medication instructions, doesn’t mean it should cost more. Medicine is expensive enough!
Most medications are administered orally, but no worries; we can administer insulin shots, too. Our sitter’s follow our client’s EXACT instructions, when dealing with medication and/or the care instructions, for their special pet critter.
We use our Critter Care notes, to communicate any & all Rx administration to your pet(s), on a routine basis. In the event that something unusual occurs, our sitters alert the pet parent(s) immediately, and make them aware of the situation.
Even healthy pets can get sick.
If your pooch does acquire an illness, you can be sure we will be there to give them all the extra, tender, loving care they need!
Our sitters are attentive and observant. On a normal basis, our sitters will notify you of any changes in your pet’s behavior.
You can be sure; we will notify you immediately, if any pet critter may need urgent medical attention. Then we transport them directly to their vet’s office.
~Our Vet Release Form can be viewed on our Critter Care Contract page. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.
*When you fill out your pet’s vaccination and medical information, on their online profile – you receive email notifications, of their upcoming vaccination expiration.